This blog will reflect the progress of my genealogy project(s). I will describe any major changes that I make on my website www.fayewest.ca and I will document how I solved some brick walls.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Newspaper clippings

I've been doing more reading in newspaper archives.  It's amazing what made the "news" a hundred years ago.  I found a report of John Broder's 1906 purchase of the NookSack Valley Canning Co in Bellingham, WA. I'd never even heard of this one before.  There was also a longer story about its operation in 1910.  On the subject of canneries, I found a notice of incorporation for the Mt Vernon Canning Co by Robert & Violet Broder.

I also found a birth announcement for Roswell Herbert Graves, obituaries for Alice (Graves) Broder and Percy Broder, and a notice of divorce for Percy and Hannah (Baierle) Broder.

Most of these additions are included in both the Loyalists and Patriots  section and the Broder section.

No comments:

Post a Comment