This blog will reflect the progress of my genealogy project(s). I will describe any major changes that I make on my website www.fayewest.ca and I will document how I solved some brick walls.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lots more Doyles, McGeeins & Fitzgeralds

Marty McGeein sent me a treasure-trove of photos of family members, mostly McGeeins and Doyles in Toledo,Ohio.  I've added about 25 of them to the website. 

Prior to that, I'd been working on parish registers from Ontario.  familysearch.org recently put a lot of Ontario Catholic parish registers online.  They're not indexed, so I read through the registers of all the churches I knew family members had attended.  That yielded about 150 clippings which I'd been slowly working my way through - adding the data and the images to the appropriate records.  I'm nowhere near through with those, but the ones that I had done are now online too.

All-in-all, since the last time I published, about 60 people have been changed - some of them have a lot of new information, some have very little.  You can see a list of people who have changes on the Recent Updates page.

No comments:

Post a Comment