This blog will reflect the progress of my genealogy project(s). I will describe any major changes that I make on my website www.fayewest.ca and I will document how I solved some brick walls.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Striker & Colvig Updates

My fourth cousin once removed, George Striker, died on 9 May 2012.  I have added some details for his family and a transcript and image of his obituary.

I've aded some details on the military career of Hubert Melville Colvig.  The details are sketchy and could lead to some interesting research - for example, he was court martialed (what for?) but apparently not convicted (he seems to have been re-assigned afterwards).  But he later claimed to have been dishonorably discharged. (Another court martial?)  So many questions . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment