Reasons it might be his:
- the person reporting the death is his son-in-law P Brady (Bready)
- the religion is RC
- the location is Bedford, Frontenac County
- I have not found any other John Hamiltons in Bedford, Frontenac County; there was one in Portland, but he was Methodist; and there was one in Kingston Penitentiary.
- the date of death: 11 June is a long way from 22 Aug, and the registration date is July, so it's not just a simple error
- age is 71, i.e. born in 1800. Most other records place John's birth around 1797.